Discover Your Camera!

Do you have a good camera and don't know how to use it?
I can teach you all the buttons, dials and menus you can handle.
Start taking photographs that you like!
Hands on instruction: 1 person-$50/2 hours or 2 persons-$75/2 hours
Contact me: klmilstein@aol.com

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Deep Sea Fishing off Plum Island






I love to bring my camera on family outings! It keeps me participating even if what we are doing is not my favorite thing in the world.


What can I say about deep sea fishing? My husband and my son love it! It can be peaceful, frustrating, boring, and exciting! A photographer is always welcome to come along. That's the good thing about photography - even if the activity is not really your "thing", if you bring your camera you are never bored!


We had all the "right stuff" for a potential catch-it-yourself dinner: the boat, the bait, the fishermen, the patience... But somehow we ended up with lobster for dinner!


When you are shooting on the ocean don't forget to bring your lens hood to combat solar flare, a circular polarizer and I suggest fast shutter speeds because everything is always moving. Also, remember that the ocean spray has salt in it, which can be potentially hazardous for cameras. You could use a rain sleeve and you'll find yourself wiping off the filter you use to protect the lens quite often.
If you want to see more shots of Plum Island, Mass. go to my Flickr website:

1 comment:

Tony said...

Ahh, nothing quite like fishing in Mass. Newburyport's a favorite of mine! And deep-sea fishing is great...I remember going on a field trip once where they did that...very cool!