Discover Your Camera!

Do you have a good camera and don't know how to use it?
I can teach you all the buttons, dials and menus you can handle.
Start taking photographs that you like!
Hands on instruction: 1 person-$50/2 hours or 2 persons-$75/2 hours
Contact me: klmilstein@aol.com

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shenandoah National Park - Fog is Fun!

I was lucky!  Yes, very lucky to begin my drive through the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia with a day of fog, clouds and misty forests.  True, I could not see for miles down into the Shenandoah Valley and we had to stick to the 35 mph posted speed limit.  But the fun I had taking pictures in the forest with logs and trees looming up out of the mist was worth it!



You've heard this before from other photographers I'm sure.  When Mother Nature does not cooperate and you don't get the weather you had expected it's an opportunity to stretch your creativity.  Go with it!  Embrace it!  Have fun!  Stop and think for a minute about your camera settings.  What is the ISO?  Should I change it?  What about white balance?  Do I want to shoot on automatic or possibly go with aperture preferred or shutter speed preferred.  A photographer makes a photograph.  A photographer does not take a photograph.



It was gloomy but also beautiful in the woods.  When I got home and was editing my images in Photoshop CS6 I decided to stay with gloomy.  However, I was not absolutely sure how the images would look on my blog because I have a laptop and the exposure changes as I tilt my laptop's top!  My next big investment will be a separate monitor so I don't have to guess.  More later!



This is a small but beautiful national park and frequently is foggy and hidden by clouds.  I highly recommend driving, hiking and fishing the length of it especially in spring or fall.  Pray for "bad" weather!






No comments: