Discover Your Camera!

Do you have a good camera and don't know how to use it?
I can teach you all the buttons, dials and menus you can handle.
Start taking photographs that you like!
Hands on instruction: 1 person-$50/2 hours or 2 persons-$75/2 hours
Contact me: klmilstein@aol.com

Thursday, January 23, 2014

iPhone Panoramas

Panoramas!  So dramatic!  So eye-catching!  Wouldn't you just love to have a few for your family travel books?  Or to up-load to Facebook?

Here's how to do it with a smart phone:
1)  Purchase an app named Autostitch.  It is available at the iPhone app store for $1.99.  It is also available for iPad, Android, Win64 and Mac OSX.  Website link.
2)  Watch how-to videos on Youtube for tips on how to hold your phone and turn yourself and your phone as you are taking multiple photos.
3)  Share via Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram or email.

This is my first try.  Notice that I had not gotten the hang of it.  There is distortion and the horizon line is skewed:



This next panorama (Las Vegas strip) was definitely better:



Hint: Before using Autostitch play with the tools.  I chose Advanced Resolution which gave me larger images and more pixels to work with.  

I had left my camera at home during this gorgeous sunset!  But thanks to Autostitch I got the shot!   The Merrimack River with ice flows at sunset:



Panoramas are so much fun.  I plan to try it with my Canon as well and use photo merge in Photoshop  CS6.




No comments: