Discover Your Camera!

Do you have a good camera and don't know how to use it?
I can teach you all the buttons, dials and menus you can handle.
Start taking photographs that you like!
Hands on instruction: 1 person-$50/2 hours or 2 persons-$75/2 hours
Contact me: klmilstein@aol.com

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Fall Colors in Acadia Nat'l Park - Creating a mood with color and contrast

Today I was analyzing each photograph from my 4 days in Acadia National Park for composition and sharpness.  I chose a few images to play around with.  I balanced the color, the contrast, the highlights and the shadows.
Then I started to enhance the overall feeling of the images. I  began to play with color and contrast.  I began to break some rules.  It was fun and I was in the "zone".  I felt tuned in to the mood of each photograph.  I enhanced that mood in my digital darkroom.  
                                  
Thomas Bay - The Narrows

"I am sure the next step will be the electronic image, and I hope I shall live to see it.  I trust that the creative eye will continue to function, whatever technological innovations may develop."  
~Ansel Adams

I feel very happy with the photographs I have created today.  That creation began outdoors with my camera on a tripod in one of the most beautiful places on earth.  I finished the creative process today with my computer much as Ansel Adams did in his darkroom.

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance."  ~Ansel Adams


Eagle Lake - sunset

                   



Ferns near the Park Loop Road.



Birches - Acadia Wild Garden.








Photography is an art form.  It is not only the faithful rendering of what we see in the world - we can leave that to the photo-journalists.  It is the creative expression of what we have recorded with our cameras.  As such it is unique to each photographer.
Please leave a comment if you like my work and visit my website at kmilsteinphotography.com.

No comments: