Discover Your Camera!

Do you have a good camera and don't know how to use it?
I can teach you all the buttons, dials and menus you can handle.
Start taking photographs that you like!
Hands on instruction: 1 person-$50/2 hours or 2 persons-$75/2 hours
Contact me: klmilstein@aol.com

Friday, August 31, 2018

One Woman Show!

A One Woman Show!  How exciting my first solo show was!
The biggest question was which pieces to choose.  I needed to select 10 photographs that together would create a visual theme, showcase my best work and tell the story of who I am as a photographer.
What did those 10 photographs teach me about my style?  First of all, I love color!  I also love nature.    Nature calms me and allows me to feel my place in the world.  I always say that my happy place is hiking to the top of a mountain.  I hope my work inspires people to experience the nature around them.
Since that first solo show, "Nature Colors", I realized that it is important to ask myself several questions: What is my style?  Do I want to give myself a project and do something new?  How do I want to grow as a photographer?  How can my work reflect that growth?
Since that first show I have had a solo show at the Newburyport Art Association and The Firehouse Center for the Arts in Newburyport, MA as well as showing in several smaller venues in Newburyport.



I appreciate a gallery that puts the effort into having wonderful lighting for hanging art on their walls.  Receptions are a fun way to kick off a show! Invite your friends and the public to view your work!  Restaurants often invite artists to show art and offer it for sale such as The Purple Onion in Newburyport. 

Now that I have shown this body of work I call "Nature Colors" in several venues I am experimenting with new styles and fun ways to edit my photographs.  The next blogs are all about that!


No comments: